Every place can be a unique and impactful collaboration of culture, architecture and infrastructure. This can be achieved by determining and leveraging the social and physical assets particular to each place.
Our studio offers an open source solution for placemaking, the Public Art Framework. Designed to enable temporary public art and events, and to change a space into an active creative location.
Our typical placemaking approach includes :
- Organize community meetings
- Define local stakeholders / artists / event organizers
- Begin community discussion / blog forum / feedback loop
Work with Contractor One-on-One
- Use community feedback to inform scope of intervention
- Feedback loop / open source specs during development
- Standalone media package
- RFP / open source blog
- Methods and standards of record-keeping
- Determine stewardship group